[vdr] RGB/PAL over VGA at variable frame rate

Thomas Hilber vdr at toh.cx
Sun Aug 10 06:54:21 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 11:26:21PM +0400, Goga777 wrote:
> does your idea actually for new generation cards - ATI HD series, Intel G35/45 chipsets with hdmi output ?

currently it does for everything pre-avivo (e.g. before r500 with the
exception of rs690 which is a r300-style 3d core but 2d is avivo).

I not yet tried with ATI HD or Intel G35/45. Basically I don't see a
problem. The devil is in the details:)

To ease the port to other graphics hardware I did not use special
pre-avivo registers in my current solution.

The idea comprises several aspects:

The most important feature is to synchronize video output with the
stream. Nobody cared about that until today. I do not understand that at
all.

It just a pleasant by-product of the sync that in some cases you need not to
deinterlace anymore.

Cheers
  Thomas