[vdr] VDR server & clients?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Mon Aug 18 22:36:12 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I've seen lots of tutorials about VDR but one thing still isn't clear:
can it or can it not have multiple clients watching different programs?

I know it's impossible with xine-plugin to even have multiple streams,
but xineliboutput seems to be able to output multiple streams over a
network.

The reason I'm asking this is because I've never actually had it work
... I'm always getting a "permission denied" message, along with it
stating that the host's ip needs to be in my "svdrp.conf" file, which
doesn't exist. My svdrphosts.conf file, on the other hand, is perfectly
in order, but still it won't work.

If it is possible I can finally toss mythtv out of the window and deploy
vdr over the house!

--

/Met vriendelijke groeten,/

*Jelle De Loecker*