[vdr] xineliboutput OSD and playback problems

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 15:33:10 CET 2008

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:09:10 +0200
"Theunis Potgieter" <theunis.potgieter at gmail.com> wrote:

> What ever happened to RGB PAL output patch? According to that you
> don't need a deinterlacer, just a pc of hardware that converts the
> d-sub/vga connector to RGB if I'm not mistaken.

Patch for what? The trouble with that is most graphics cards generate a
vblank interrupt on every field without distinguishing whether it's a
top field or a bottom field so the player application only has a 50%
chance of syncing to the correct field, and getting it wrong looks
disastrous. Matrox G4x0 and G5x0 cards are the exception, their second
output can be hooked up to a TV and provide separate top and bottom
field interrupts, but only DirectFB supports it. That's what I'd been
using until I upgraded to an LCD TV last month.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk