[vdr] vdr + xbmc

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:43:55 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Gerald Dachs <vdr at dachsweb.de> wrote:

> Quoting Niels Wagenaar <n.wagenaar at xs4all.nl>:
>
> > This is indeed something I was looking for. Forgot that some options
> >  are extremely easy to resolve. But I was wondering, what remote do
> > you use yourself and did you configure a .lircrc for vdr-sxfe?
>
> Nothing special, it is a mediacenter Philips remote that came with my
> OriginAE case. Later I will use my Harmony 555 that has already learned
> the codes from the Philips remote. The case has a remote receiver from
> the company irtrans, they provide a lirc compatible server named irserver.
>
> I use a lircrc, but not for vdr-sxfe. Vdr-sxfe doesn't need a lircrc,
> the remote.conf from the vdr is all you need. The lircrc only reacts
> on one unused button on the remote and toggles the modes. It is very
> short. I am not completely
> ready with it, I did it yesterday evening only. What is missing is that I
> intercept the power button and if vdr-sxfe is currently not seen I
> will switch to tv mode and then send the power button to vdr-sxfe so
> that the vdr has a chance to
> say no and I will see the reason why it wouldn't like to power down.

I was intrigued to see what is this XBMC all around and found that thread in
XBMC forum:
http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36988

 <http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123095&page=6>Looks like
there is a way to stream live TV to XBMC from VDR already. Any reason you
don't use that option and prefer to have 2 frontends?