[vdr] vdr + xbmc

Gerald Dachs vdr at dachsweb.de
Tue Dec 2 20:20:17 CET 2008

Am Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:43:55 +0200
schrieb "Alex Betis" <alex.betis at gmail.com>:

>  <http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123095&page=6>Looks
> like there is a way to stream live TV to XBMC from VDR already. Any
> reason you don't use that option and prefer to have 2 frontends?

For me tv is the main thing, multimedia is a nice add on. Currently
xineliboutput is simply the best frontend for budget only systems.

I had planned to use mms for multimedia, integration of vdr-sxfe is good
documented. XBMC has still to show whether it is a good replacement for
mms and not only an eye candy. With my setup the exchange of frontends
is an easy task.

But maybe the most important reason is that it is so unbelievable
simple, and I am so short of time.

Gerald