[vdr] xineliboutput OSD and playback problems

Antti Seppälä a.seppala+vdr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 20:11:54 CET 2008

2008/12/2 Gerald Dachs <vdr at dachsweb.de>:

> After reading your mail I have tried yesterday again to use xcompmgr instead
> of compiz for the hud osd without success. The osd doesn't show up. I think
> my configuration can't be that wrong, as the hud osd is shown with compiz. Any
> hints what I have to look for?

Do you start the xcompmgr with the -n switch? Does it start correctly?
If I start xcompmgr without client side compositing then I'm unable to
get hud to work properly.

Which window manager you are using together with xcompmgr? Try to make
sure that you have the Ubuntu desktop effects disabled as they will
probably interfere with the operation of xcompmgr.

--
Antti Seppälä