[vdr] VDR with S2API

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Dec 6 16:06:40 CET 2008

The attached patch is what I've gathered from various postings
regarding adapting VDR to the S2API driver API (thanks to
Igor M. Liplianin, Niels Wagenaar and Edgar Hucek - did I forget anybody?).

Since the S2SAPI doesn't provide a way of determining whether
a DVB-S device supports DVB-S2 (at least I didn't find any),
you need to apply the second attached patch to the driver
in order to impelement a new capability flag that reports
the availability of DVB-S2 support.

If you don't want to patch the driver, you can change the line

  case FE_QPSK: frontendType = (frontendInfo.caps & FE_CAN_2ND_GEN_MODULATION) ? SYS_DVBS2 : SYS_DVBS; break;

in dvbdevice.c to avoid FE_CAN_2ND_GEN_MODULATION. Either set frontendType permanently
to SYS_DVBS or SYS_DVBS2, depending on what you have.

So far DVB-S and DVB-S2 appears to tune fine.
DVB-C is completely untested.
With DVB-T tuning doesn't work, even though my TDA10046H based DVB-T card
does work with the S2API driver under VDR 1.6.0.

So for the moment I would appreciate if people could test DVB-T
tuning and check whether maybe I made some silly mistake in the
DVB-T tuning code.

Klaus