[vdr] VDR with S2API (update)

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at t-online.de
Mon Dec 8 11:00:10 CET 2008

Hi,
I don't like the hd discusion because we don't have
any tv's which are build using a well developed standard.
E. G.
You can buy a lcd tv and after two years you can't use it's
hdmi connectiorr of hdmi revision 599,95.0

hd ready->full-hd/hdmi1.1, 1.2 1.3 .....
I read something about limitations of current hdmi standard so we will
maybe we get displayport as new solution???

In my opinion we should wait to get a stable well supported standard for
tv's and the used format like 720I or 1080P ....

BTW. Softdevice/play, vdr-xine and xineliboutput are able to play youtube divx
etc.

Regards
halim