[vdr] VDR with S2API (update)

Magnus Hörlin magnus at alefors.se
Tue Dec 9 19:34:19 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de <http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr>> wrote:

> On 07.12.2008 18:40, gimli wrote:
>> / Hi Klaus,
> />/ />/ just one question. Do you also use a budget system ?
> />/ If so, how do you watch TV with vdr 1.7.1 and later ;)
> />/ since xineliboutput is completly broken with it.
> /
> Currently I still have a FF DVB card for replaying, which, in
> the long run, will be replaced by an eHD card.
>
> Klaus

I hope you don't buy an eHD card since I don't believe it's the way to
go and it would drive VDR in the wrong direction. I'm sitting here with
a €65 nvidia 8200-based motherboard playing 1080p videos with the cpu
97% idle using vdpau and ffmpeg! That's NOT software decoding if you ask
me. And now that hdmi audio finally works with nvidia it's just awesome.
I REALLY hope the xine guys will get this running soon.
Btw, thanks to Klaus and the rest for all the work you put into this.
/Magnus H