[vdr] VDR with S2API (update)

Georg Acher acher at in.tum.de
Tue Dec 9 22:00:25 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 12:46:21PM -0800, VDR User wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Georg Acher <acher at in.tum.de> wrote:
> > The reelvdr code base is tested by a really large number of users (many
> > thousands and not many geeks ;-) ). Is there any specific reason why you
> > don't want to profit from the experiences RMM already made?
>
> There are many thousands of reelvdr users?  That's news to me but ok.

I don't know the exact numbers, but the Reelbox Lite was about 4-5k. Only
one batch of PCBs was produced because later the prices for the used chips
increased dramatically. So RMM was without a product for nearly 18 months...

The Avantgarde is definitely already way beyond these figures.

         Georg Acher, acher at in.tum.de
         http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher