[vdr] VDR with S2API (update)

Frank Schmirler vdr at schmirler.de
Wed Dec 10 11:15:39 CET 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:59:47 +0200, Pertti Kosunen wrote
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Besides, isn't there the streamdev plugin that provides signals
> > to other clients? I've never tried it myself, but I was under
> > the impression that this is what people use in such cases...
>
> I've seen multi client streamdev users run multiple vdr daemons in
> server machine, one for each client. Maybe this could be improved to
> allow multiple instances of plugin run in one daemon?

A single streamdev-server instance can be used by multiple clients. No need
for multiple instances here.

The setup you are talking about addresses the problem that you can't have
independent clients with xineliboutput: There's one VDR instance with
streamdev-server controling the DVB cars. Then for each client, there's a VDR
instance with xineliboutput and streamdev-client.

Regards,
Frank