[vdr] XBMC + VDR 1.7.0

Niko Ringelstein niko.ringelstein at gmx.de
Fri Dec 12 12:02:20 CET 2008

Jörg Knitter schrieb:
> Niko Ringelstein wrote:
>
>> Jörg Knitter wrote:
>>
>>> In the video, it looks like the the user is using a main menu entry,
>>> that why I wondered, because the XBMC VDR plugin does not seem to
>>> support OSD transmission.
>>>
>>> Joerg
>>>

>> As far as I know it connects via streamdev-client.
>>

> Then, IMHO the OSD would be missing and the switch time would be longer
> - that´s why I ask. So I assume that he is using sxfe-vdr...
>
> Joerg

I meant the plugin connects via stramdev, he is using vdr-sxfe or
softdevice!

Probably the best solution would be a xbmc plugin using the vompserver
protocol. I am no coder, but there already exists qtvomp which maybe
could be used somehow. vomp is working very well for me on a nomal tv
with a mediamvp but i don't want to use it with my flatscreen because it
only has rgb out, no hdmi.

Niko