[vdr] Regression from a fix in VDR 1.4.1: Needless blocking of CAM DVB cards

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Dec 21 16:19:34 CET 2008

On 01.12.2008 16:02, Jörn Reder wrote:
>> Jörn Reder wrote:
>>> With vdr 1.4 this worked perfectly, now with 1.6 VDR always prefers my
>>> Budget CI card for recordings so I can't view any Pay TV when a
>>> recording is active.
>> The rules that were added with 1.4.1-4 are still present, so they
>> probably got over-ruled by something else.
>
> I can reproduce it this way:
>
> - watching a non pay TV channel (e.g. ARD)
> - manually start a recording on it (go to menu, hit RED button)
> - now switching to a pay TV channel is impossible

I've attached a debug patch for impact logging. It dumps the reasons why
VDR used a certain device to the console. (replace printf with isyslog
if you prefer the log files.)

Output looks like this:

Impact:   LiDeReTrPriPrcNdPrCiDeDc
Dev  0.00: 0 0 0 0 62 63 1 1 1 1 0
Dev  1.00: 0 0 0 0 62 63 0 0 1 0 0
Device  1.00 wins

The first difference decides, lower value wins. In this case, the second
device wins because its Nd is 0. Thats the 'needs detach receivers' rule.

Run the above test case and post the corresponding output here.

Cheers,

Udo