[vdr] 1080p ready VDR
FunkyFish at gmx.net
Thu Dec 25 22:54:00 CET 2008
I'm new to this list and VDR in general, so if I'm missing some points
or habits of this list, please feel free to correct me.
I'm on the way of building a VDR. At the moment I'm searching for
hardware recommendations, but this seems to be a hard task.
What I want my VDR to do:
- Playback of 1080p videos (e.g. the big buck bunny)
- Watching TV over DVB-S (normal and HD, e.g. AnixeHD)
- Recording of TV (should not be too "difficult" *g*)
- Playing music and films from my fileserver
What I'm not sure about is:
- Full-featured or budget DVB card
- CPU requirements for HD playback
There was a quite silent PC recommendation, in a recent c't (german
computer magazine). They used an AMD Atholon X2 4850e on a GigaByte
MA78G-DS3H mainboard and got the whole system to be not louder than 0.4
Sone. The graphic is an onboard ATI Radeon HD3200 with HDMI out. What do
you think? Is this sufficient for HD playback? And what about the DVB
card? Is a budget card ok?
More information about the vdr