[vdr] 1080p ready VDR

Morfsta morfsta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:09:32 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Tony Houghton <h at realh.co.uk> wrote:
> (I haven't heard of anyone releasing a patch for the BBC HD audio pid problem yet).

This is a fault with the broadcaster, not a problem with VDR. I have
informed the BBC of the problem and they have acknowledged the issue
and are going to fix it shortly (they say in the New Year after a
Christmas period "change freeze" period), so it should just go away.

Apparently it was due to an upgrade that the BBC applied to their
encoders. The problem doesn't cause any problems with Sky or Freesat
boxes so they didn't notice it in testing.

Must say, I was very impressed with their response and I'm looking
forward to seeing the fix being implemented.