[vdr] HVR-4000, vdr-1.7.2 and v4l-dvb'hg ?

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Wed Dec 31 16:50:36 CET 2008

>> Does hvr-4000 tune for you to dvb-s channels if you do not apply the h264
>> patch? That's the case for me. I send previously an email from similar
>> experiences to
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/vdr@linuxtv.org/msg08635.html
>
> Unfortunately I can't tune either without the h264 patch.

Hmm, the differences in my and your setup are
1) I have also hvr-1300 in my system (for dvb-t)
2) I modified the vdr sources instead of modifying the driver for
informing the system from the S2 capabilities (klaus explained also that
method in his 1.7.2 announcements). I can re-test this in another way once
the 2G_CAP patch is applied to v4l-dvb repository.

Mika