[vdr] trouble with asprintf

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 14:38:53 CET 2008

I demand that Ludwig Nussel may or may not have written...

[snip]
> asprintf needs to check for multibyte characters to not cut them in
> the middle and produce invalid output.

No - it's encoding-neutral. What you want is your own version which does that
(but if you still think that that should be called asprintf, you may as well
rewrite printf etc. while you're at it), or conversion to/from wide character
strings (and a version of asprintf() which handles wchar_t*).

| + Output less CO2 => avoid boiling weather.     TIME IS RUNNING OUT *FAST*.

Windows 2000. Known to some as Windows 1900.