[vdr] ro_RO (was: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.16 - release candidate)

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 25 01:41:04 CET 2008

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> VDR developer version 1.5.16 is now available at
>
>     ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.5.16.tar.bz2
>
> A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
>
>     ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.5.15-1.5.16.diff
>

> NOTE:
> =====
>
> This is the final step towards a stable version 1.6.0.
> Please report any bugs as soon as possible.
>
> If nothing unexpected happens, I plan to release version 1.6.0 on March 2.
>
> The following translation files still have untranslated texts:
>
>   ca_ES.po
>   cs_CZ.po
>   el_GR.po
>   es_ES.po
>   fr_FR.po
>   hr_HR.po
>   nl_NL.po
>   nn_NO.po
>   pl_PL.po
>   pt_PT.po
>   ro_RO.po
>   sl_SI.po
>   sv_SE.po
>   tr_TR.po
>   uk_UA.po
>
> It would be nice if somebody could finish these before the 1.6.0 release.
> To avoid duplicate work, please announce your activity here in this thread.

attached you'll find updated romanian strings. Normally I don't use them
myself, but now as I wanted to check them out, I noticed that on my
Gentoo VDR I can't switch to any language, although all VDR locales are
installed, and also "locale -a" lists those I'd be interested in from
time to time. The log says "found 0 locales in /usr/share/vdr/locale"
and then for every 3-letters language code "no locale found for language
code '...'.
The Gentoo launch scripts do not modify the locale path parameter, it's
the default one and the locales are all there. If I set LANG to any
desired locale, I still get english...

Greets,
Lucian