[vdr] BBC EPG from sat ? (loadepg equivalent ?)

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Thu Feb 28 13:47:43 CET 2008

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> even if my english is quiete limited, I really enjoy the program from
> the BBC (S13.0E/S19.2E/S28.2E) which are FTA :-)
>
> The only thing I miss is an epg of more than current and next.
>
> Is it a limitation of VDR (I mean does it work for other receiver) or
> are the BBC only broadcasting current and next epg ?
>
> I have internet access on my computer, maybe it could be a way to go,
> but I would find much cleaner from the sat.

Hi Gregoire,
I have not tried this myself, but Klaus provides a script called
getskyepg.pl. It comes with each VDR. It parses the xml files from this
page http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings/[-1-6] and it needs it's own
channels.conf.sky to be able to work.
Just take a look into the sky folder under path_to_VDR/PLUGINS/src/sky.

Let me know if it worked or not.

Good look.
  André