[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] DVB-S2 + H.264 support for VDR-1.5.12

Gregoire Favre gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:53:26 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 07:32:13PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:

> No, that seems silly. The DVB-S2 card works for DVB-S also. It should be able
> to use all the cards. Though you can't ask a DVB-S card to tune to DVB-S2,
> that's all the limitation it poses.

:-)

I know DVB-S2 cards can do DVB-S that's the reason to force VDR to use
DVB-S only cards for DVB-S before the DVB-S2 ones, which if you want a
DVB-S2 channels, so is your DVB-S2 cards free.

But one should get a way to tell VDR no to try to tune DVB-S2 channels
on DVB-S card.

Thanks,
--
Grégoire FAVRE  http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com  http://www.gnupg.org