[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] improved LIRC remote for VDR-1.5.12

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Thu Jan 10 10:22:02 CET 2008

Reinhard Nissl a écrit :
> Dominique Matz schrieb:
>
>> sound very good, but vdr as root do not :-(
>>
>> do you think it is possible to use this or something else with an non
>> root user?
>
> Well, only the LIRC_PRIORITYBOOST option requires root privileges
> to work. If you don't have root privileges, you'll just get an
> error logged and the LIRC thread runs without any change in
> priority -- that's all. See man setpriority for details.

An option would be to lower priority of all threads except this one. I
guess only relative priority within VDR is important.
You can also raise priority in your init scripts (nice=-N), before
running VDR. This way every thread will have nice=0 priority, except the
LIRC one, which will stay at nice=-N

--
NH