[vdr] BUG: DVB-T and DVB-S[2] do not work with VDR & multiproto [Was: Two VDR's on one machine]

Morfsta morfsta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:56:56 CET 2008

This problem keeps coming up over again, but for some reason Reinhard
and Manu don't seem to want to talk about it.

I do not understand why you can't use DVB-T with DVB-S2 using the
multiproto drivers and VDR, but I doubt it can be much of a problem.

I started modifying VDR to use the old API calls for DVB-T whilst
using the new calls for DVB-S and S2 and I managed to get VDR to tune
to the current DVB-T frequency and show the picture, but it would not
tune to new frequencies. :-(

I too was considering using 2 VDRs on a single system using the -D
options but it's very messy.

It would be great if someone could look into this for us!