[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.13
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Jan 13 16:22:04 CET 2008
VDR developer version 1.5.13 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.12:
- Fixed the declaration of cSubtitleObject::Decode8BppCodeString() (thanks to
- The new setup option "Miscellaneous/Emergency exit" can be used to turn off
the automatic restart of VDR in case a recording fails for some reason.
- The kInfo key is now propagated to any open menu, so that it can react to it
in a context sensitive manner (suggested by Andreas Brugger). If there is
no menu open it will show the info of the current broadcast or replay.
- cTimeMs now uses the monotonic clock, if available (thanks to Petri Hintukainen).
- Fixed cVector::Clear() and cStringList::Clear().
- Added cString::Truncate().
- Fixed the "i18n:" target in the "newplugin" script, so that it can create the
initial *.pot file.
- Fixed handling the '-l' option.
- Fixed error handling in cCuttingThread::Action() (thanks to Udo Richter).
- Fixed a loss of the date display in the "classic" skin's main menu (reported by
- Added a missing setting of lastFreeMB in cMenuMain::Update() (reported by
- Added '-Wno-parentheses' to the compiler options in order to avoid silly compiler
warnings for expessions like 'a || b && c', where GCC 4.3 wants to force the
programmer to write 'a || (b && c)', while everybody knows that '&&' links
stronger than '||' (reported by Tobias Grimm).
- Updated the Hungarian language texts (thanks to István Füley).
- Fixed displaying weekday names in the Schedule menu if the system uses UTF-8
(reported by Jiri Dobry).
- The new plugin "pictures" implements a simple picture viewer.
See PLUGINS/src/pictures/README for details.
- The automatic shutdown is now suppressed if the remote control is currently
disabled (suggested by Helmut Auer, implemented by Udo Richter).
- Added a section about "Logging" to PLUGINS.html (suggested by Torsten Kunkel).
- Enhanced the SVDRP command CLRE to allow clearing the EPG data of a particular
channel (thanks to Benjamin Hess).
*When reporting problems, please don't reply to this message!*
Create a new thread instead, using a descriptive subject!
More information about the vdr