[vdr] streamdev-client multiple servers

Pjotr Kourzanov peter.kourzanov at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 15 12:11:10 CET 2008

Олег, et al.,

   Yes, I thought about that (It would work even better if you replace /bin/cp
with /bin/ln:), but still, wouldn't a solution with one plugin work better,
namely, I've noticed that the start-up latency of VDR depends largely on a
number of loaded plugins.

   Another solution that works, but still is unacceptable (to me), is to setup
another client in the first server that uses the second server (and so on).

   In any case, for both solutions, channel switch time for a large number of
servers (say 10) will be much larger than ideal, since every server would
be queried serially. Doing it with just one client in parallel for every
configured server would be much more scalable I think...

Thanks for reply!

Pjotr