[vdr] new drivers

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Thu Jan 17 21:07:24 CET 2008

Le jeudi 17 janvier 2008 à 20:47 +0100, Reinhard Nissl a écrit :

> > Off topic, but are you saying you run vdr-xine or xineliboutput under X with
> > the MII-6000E motherboard??  What other plugins do you run?
>
> femon, epgsearch, radio

femon and streamdev on M10000 no sweat

> > I bought an SP-13000G, but it runs too hot running X so I had to use an FF
> > card.  Also I can't use the mplayer plugin, as the CPU transcoding makes it
> > run too hot too.
>
> Hmm, was running the mplayer plugin for testing xineplayer but
> didn't play anything else than MPEG2, though.
>
> CPU temperature doesn't look to cause a problem here, but after 3
> Years, the DC-ATX power converter died, as it was operated
> without fan. The new power converter seems to cut off power when
> getting too hot, so I've added a fan now.

My M10000 capacitors (MB and morex power supply) fried when we moved to
the south of France (spikes). Now I have a UPS to filter the current and
a pico120W power supply. The brick is the original one that came with my
hush 60W but everything works.

I have always run X and xine/vdr-xine temperatures shown only twice at
danger level during summer (35°C in the living room) made me turn off
the computer.

Tony