[vdr] Locale commandline option. Patch not accepted?

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Jan 19 13:24:08 CET 2008

On 01/18/08 19:57, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some time ago I suggested to have a commandline option to
> specifiy the location of the locale files at runtime.
>
> It hasn't appeared in VDR source since then.
> Has the patch been rejected?

It was still in my inbox (like several others).
I didn't know it was that important ;-)

Attached is the version as I've adopted it.
I didn't like the I18nLocaleDir to be exposed, so I made
the LocaleDir a parameter of the I18nInitialize() function.

There is also no -O single character option, just --localedir
(didn't want to waste a single character option on this, especially
since it isn't even the actual first character of the option).

In a quick test it appeared to work, but you may want to test
the modified patch to make sure I didn't break anything.

Klaus