[vdr] Disabling Xineliboutput video mode switching

Samuli Seppänen sjsepp at utu.fi
Thu Jan 31 08:04:33 CET 2008

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a problem with Xineliboutput's OSD. In low resolution videos it
>> look doesn't fit the screen. It seems as if Xineliboutput actually
>> switches the resolution of the (VGA) monitor.
>>
>> So how do I force Xineliboutput to first scale the _video_ to screen
>> (not vice versa) and then put OSD (unscaled) on top of that?
>
> Same problem here.
> I'd prefer it to scale the osd the same way vdr-xine does.
> (i'm using xine as a remote frontend)

There is a setting in /etc/vdr/setup.conf
(Xineliboutput.VideomodeSwitching = 1), but in Gentoo that file gets
overwritten every time VDR starts. I have not yet found a way to modify
that file except with the vdr-setup plugin, but it does not allow me to
change all the variables that are in the file.