[vdr] Which DVB-S Card to buy in Germany

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Sun Jul 13 18:40:52 CEST 2008

Matthias Fechner <idefix at fechner.net> wrote:
> Lauri Tischler wrote:
> > I think your dish has moved or coaxial is broken.

> no the second card is working fine and all other cards in the house too.
> And that the cable breaks when no one touch it is nearly impossible.

If I were you I'd definitely re-check the cabling. The F plugs are the
worst sh*t the industry ever invented when it comes to safe contacts. Had
they only used BNC plugs but no ...

Every other while I get VDSBs or machine freezes from bad F plug contacts.
Corrosion, earth quakes, I don't know.  After fixing it every works
fine, usually.

> it is a Technotrend Rev 1.3.

Getting hot ;-)

You need only one full featured card per system. All other cards can be
budgets.

--
Systems have sub-systems and sub-systems have sub-systems and so on ad
infinitum -- which is why we're always starting over.