[vdr] xine tvtime parameters explained

Morfsta morfsta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:24:50 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Goga777 <goga777 at bk.ru> wrote:

> is it good for 1080i/720p channels ?

Not on my athlon dual core 3Ghz. Too many dropped frames using
greedy2frame or tomsmocomp.

That is why in my patch for xine-lib-1.2 and coreavc I disabled the
interlacer by default as I use CoreAVC's interlacer (bob) which is not
as good particularly for interlaced source material such as sport.

With the current set-up you can use greedy2frame for SD material and
CoreAVC's interlacer for HD material. If anyone has found a way to
better deinterlace HD broadcasts then please let me know, or is it
simply a case of too much cpu power required to process both HD
material and use a high quality deinterlacer.....?