[vdr] RGB/PAL over VGA at variable frame rate

Thomas Hilber vdr at toh.cx
Mon Jul 28 03:44:21 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 03:53:01PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Is it possible to output WSS signal from a VGA card to switch between 4:3
> and 16:9 modes?
>
> http://www.intersil.com/data/an/an9716.pdf

it should be possible to emulate WSS by white dots/lines in a
specific scanline. But I did not try this myself yet.

BTW:
I'm currently experimenting with DirectFB instead of Xorg. Their Radeon
driver code does not show the 'Xorg overlay scaling bug' from above.
So I could either stick to DirectFB for the moment. Or I could try with help
of their code to identify the part of Xorg that caused the bug.