[vdr] Use of vdr within TV companies?

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 19:15:21 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Hanno Zulla <abos at hanno.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there known users of vdr within TV or radio operators?

I work in the entertainment industry and deal with tv/radio companies
pretty regularly.

> There was a claim that some TV stations use vdr to archive their
> broadcast stream and another that vdr is used by cable companies as part
> of their infrastructure.

I've never heard such but have never inquired either.  I would be
greatly surprised if either claim were true because I don't see a need
to incorporate VDR in any capacity, or that it offers anything their
existing hardware doesn't.  That's not to say none of them do however.

> Are there any references / citations for this?

Ask the person who's making these claims for the name of the companies
and give them a call.  It would make for nice PR if either were true!