[vdr] Finnish DVB-C channel "Nelonen HD" - h264

Anssi Kolehmainen anssi at aketzu.net
Sun Jun 29 19:27:33 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 08:02:05PM +0300, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> JJussi wrote:
> > On Sunday, 29. Juneta 2008 03:34:57 Anssi Hannula wrote:
> >> [h264 @ 0xb791d708]PAFF interlacing is not implemented
> >>
> >> This indicates that xine-lib is not using a new enough ffmpeg snapshot
> >> that supports PAFF.
> >>
> >> Depending on the version of ffmpeg your distribution provides, adding
> >> --with-external-ffmpeg to xine-lib ./configure line could be enough. I
> >> think PAFF interlacing was added to ffmpeg sometime last year.
> >
> > But as you can see from xine-lib compile log, --with-external-ffmpeg is "on"..
> > ffmpeg version is 0.4.9_p20070616-r2 as compile log states.
>
> Too old ffmpeg snapshot, then.
> If the problem is just PAFF, then a newer snapshot will fix it.
>
> However, PAFF + spatial direct mode is not supported by current ffmpeg.
> If that is the case, the error message will change to
> "PAFF + spatial direct mode is not implemented".

When I try to play streams with mplayer (debian-multimedia,
1:1.0.rc2svn20080531-0.1) it says:
[h264 @ 0x87a30d0]PAFF + spatial direct mode is not implemented% 85 0 0%

> I'm not on Welho so I don't know whether Nelonen HD uses that mode.

FWIW, I put a few seconds long test clip of that channel to
http://kelvin.aketzu.net/~akolehma/nelonen-hd.ts

Recoded using vdr-streamdev and wget http://vdr:3000/TS/12

--
Anssi Kolehmainen