[vdr] Question about locales

Michael Mauch michael.mauch at gmx.de
Sun Jun 29 20:51:07 CEST 2008

Brian wrote:

> 4. English EPG is shown, mostly correctly. But for example "Her's" is shown as "Her&apos.s".
>    But, I get that info via xmltv2vdr, so I wonder if the problem is there instead of in vdr.

That's most probably a problem of xmltv2vdr (or its input data). I don't
think there's anything in VDR that would translate a perfectly good
ASCII character into a broken HTML encoding. The apostrophe is at the
same character position in ASCII, Latin-1 and UTF-8, so there's really
nothing that could go wrong.

Maybe you can find that "Her&apos" in the xmltv input data.

  Michael