[vdr] no channel update on vdr 1.7.0

C.Scheeder christoph at scheeder.de
Thu May 22 13:16:41 CEST 2008

Brian schrieb:
> Lauri Tischler wrote:
>> Igor wrote:
>>
>>> could you explain please how it's possible to connect 3 cards in VDR to 3 LNB's for Hotbird, Sirius, Astra for example
>>> with DiSEq-Cswitch
>> Simple diagram, using quad-lnb's, input of lnbs are called as
>> HB-1, HB-2, HB-3, HB-4
>> SI-1, SI-2, S1-3, SI-4
>> AS-1, AS-2, AS-3, AS-4
>>
>>            Diseqc-switch 1
>>             +--------+
>>             |        |--- HB-1
>> Card1 -----|        |--- SI-1
>>             |        |--- AS-1
>>             |        |--- free
>>             +--------+
>>
>>            Diseqc-switch 2
>>             +--------+
>>             |        |--- HB-2
>> Card2 -----|        |--- SI-2
>>             |        |--- AS-2
>>             |        |--- free
>>             +--------+
>>
>>            Diseqc-switch 3
>>
> Hi, does that really work, or am I misunderstanding a quad-LNB? I though the the 4 outputs of a quad LNB are
> hi/V lo/V hi/H and Lo/H. Or is that a quattro LNB?
> So what you are saying is that a quad LNB can supply any of the 4 "freqs/polarization" down any of its 4 connections?
> Any if required the same signal down all 4 connections?
>
> This solution is certainly a lot cheaper because otherwise he would need 12 input lines, so the spaun would not have
> worked as it only had 8 Sat input lines. So he would have needed a more expensive model.
>
> Cheers Brian

Hi,
there are two versions of lnb's with 4 outputs sold,
one with 4 identical outputs to feed 4 seperate receivers, (or diseq-c switches)
and one with outputs for hi/V lo/V hi/H and Lo/H ment to feed multiswitches.
(like the spaun meintioned in another answer...)
so beware which version you by, the purpose is always written down on the box.
Christoph