[vdr] VDR-xine + ffmpeg? (h.264 problems)

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Fri May 23 21:13:02 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

I followed a german tutorial on how to install VDR with xine. It had
some patches for better h.264 playback, but when I tune to BBC HD, it's
still painfully slow, and the image is quite bad, too!

I compiled xine with the ffmpeg option (external ffmpeg or something)
but I never installed ffmpeg nor are there any instructions on how to do so.

I mean, I could compile ffmpeg eventually, I just need to know if I need
to apply any more patches or so ...
I installed ffmpeg from the repository, but it doesn't seem to have any
effect.

Thank you for your time,

Jelle De Loecker