[vdr] Small VDR-streamdev patch for Popcorn Hour NMT

jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com
Tue Nov 18 09:11:39 CET 2008

Yesterday it happened - I tested Frank's patch and got a success for
Streamdev - PopcornHour streaming. SD/HD channels streams nicely with
TS-format so now more need to fiddle with PES-format streaming.

Patch v4 can be found on streamdev-site

On top of it a small modification must be applied by hand, found on same
site on 'message section' as "retransmit PAT". I believe there will be a
merge to source tree as patches fix some other non-standard TS features as

For streaming H.264 HD channels you also need H.264 patch for VDR core.

Another way of making PCH to stream is to use latest VDR with Klaus' TS
support and Streamdev. Here is a success report on NMT forum and list of
patches for VDR needed.

Thanks Frank for your support on 'my project'. Now I am able to watch my HD
channels with full quality and no micro-judders etc. Now we PCH users need a
MSP plugin to provide web pages for PCH's browser, I have something like
'vdradmin-am for PCH' in my mind.