[vdr] VDR -> S2API: 2 questions

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Nov 22 15:47:02 CET 2008

On 22.11.2008 14:17, Niels Wagenaar wrote:
> [...]

This part of your patch is a little irritating:

-     if (ioctl(fd_frontend, DVBFE_GET_DELSYS, &frontendType) >= 0) {
+//     if (ioctl(fd_frontend, DVBFE_GET_DELSYS, &frontendType) >= 0) {
+     dvb_frontend_info feinfo;
+     fe_type fetype;
+     if (ioctl(fd_frontend, FE_GET_INFO, &feinfo) >= 0) {
+        fetype =  feinfo.type;
+        if (fetype == FE_QPSK)
+            frontendType = SYS_DVBS;
+        if (fetype == FE_OFDM)
+            frontendType = SYS_DVBT;
+        if (fetype == FE_QAM)
+            frontendType = SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_AC;
+        if (fetype == FE_ATSC)
+            frontendType = SYS_ATSC;
+
         const char **DeliverySystem = DeliverySystems;
         cString ds;
+       cString check;
         for (int i = 0; i < 32; i++) {
             if (frontendType & (1u << i)) {
                numProvidedSystems++;

In the multiproto driver, frontendType was a flag variable, where each bit
indicated the presence of a particular frontend. That way DVB cards with
different frontends were able to report all the frontend types they
provide.

In S2API this is apparently an enum type, so the subsequent flag checking makes
no sense any more. Or am I missing something?

How does a DVB device tell the application about its frontend types in S2API?

Klaus