[vdr] xineliboutput - invalid data

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 21:44:25 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Alex Betis <alex.betis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Niels Wagenaar <n.wagenaar at xs4all.nl>wrote:
>
>> You have two options:

>> - Use the LIVEBUFFER patch by patching VDR 1.7.1 with the VDR-Extensions
>> patch;
>>
>> See http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2008-October/017948.html for more
>> information.
>
> Thank you Niels. Looks like it works.
>
> Few questions:
> Does you (or anybody) know where I can find explanation of every module in
> that extension pack in English?
> For an average SD channel, how long the default 5MB buffer of LIVEBUFFER
> can store the data?
> What happen when the buffer is full? Old data is discarded or the new data
> is ignored?

Two more questions... :)

In channels list I see an unknown character before the channel name (for me
it looks like a square. It appeared after the extension patches. Anyone
knows how to get rid of it?

I remember long ago when watching channels that were recorded (or probably
time shifted) on the disk I saw a bar that shows the location in the buffer.
Anyone knows if its possible to see that bar for LIVEBUFFER shifting?

Thanks.