[vdr] CCID smart card interface support for sc?

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Sun Oct 5 17:13:18 CEST 2008

> I though that it would mean that I could connect the card to VDR by using
> the sc plugin, but I was wrong as sc plugin seems to only support smart
> cards that has serial port or serial port over usb support, like phoenix
> card readers.
>
> So I think there would be 3 options
>
> 1) Install newcs daemon (as it can read also CCID cards.
> I want however avoid this as there is no sources available for
> it.
>
> 2) Create virtual serial port driver over CCID library
>
> 3) Modify smartcard.c from sc plugin to support also the CCID cards.
>
> Has anybody worked with items 2 or 3 earlier?

Ok, attached is a patch for sc plugin to support CCID smart card readers.
The patch is not originally from me but I modified it to work with sc code
available in sc trunk.

So far I have tested it with vdr-1.7.0 and liblianis multifrontend drivers
with the pay channels that I have subscribed (and thus have the smart card key)

I have not tested yet with s2 api version of vdr as I have still problems
to watch even free channels with my card when using vdr-1.7.0 or 1.7.1
with s2 api patches in place. (and without having any plugins)

Attachment contains the patch and in addition also the modified files in
their final form. Code is simply using #ifdefs for places where CCID and
serial interface differs instead of trying to abstract common c++ base
class that both the serial and ccid implementations could inherit.

Mika