[vdr] Freeview+ aka TV-Anytime Patch (updated)

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 10:46:23 CEST 2008

On Sunday 05 Oct 2008, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 15:10 +0100, Dave P wrote:
> > A few months ago I posted a VDR patch to implement support for
> > Freeview+, the cut-down version of TV-Anytime (ETSI TS 102 323)
> > broadcast in the UK.
> >
> > I've prepared a new version against VDR 1.6.0-2, and included a
> > simple Perl script which automatically creates timers for all of the
> > programmes in a series. Run it overnight as a cron job and never miss
> > your favourite series again!
> >
> > The patch is at http://www.pickles.me.uk/vdrtva-0.0.3.tar.gz
>
> Interesting stuff :)
>
> I don't suppose it's possible to implement this as a plugin rather than
> a patch to VDR's core? Is there not enough core exposed via the plugin
> API?
>
> I can't see the patch going into VDR core any time because it's focused
> squarely at UK users only and Klaus would never have a use for it
> (unlike the Premiere-specific multi-angle support) so I'm worried that
> a lot of users will be missing out, especially if they use a packaged
> VDR.

Indeed it does look very interesting: it's really annoying when things get
repeated several times during the week. Should make life a bit easier
rather than making epgsearch look for really specific timers!

I will try to give it a go.

On another Freeview specific note, I'd love to have my channels renumbered
to their "proper" Freeview numbers. At the moment, I have to go through
and move them about by hand every time something changes! I don't think
there is currently any support for assigning channels a specific number
within vdr (probably not much point with gazillions of satellite channels
but more useful with the handful of terrestrial Freeview ones in the UK).

Cheers,

Laz