[vdr] Freeview+ aka TV-Anytime Patch (updated)

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 11:06:24 CEST 2008

On Monday 06 Oct 2008, Frank Scherthan wrote:
> Laz schrieb:
> > On Sunday 05 Oct 2008, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> >> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 15:10 +0100, Dave P wrote:
> >
> > On another Freeview specific note, I'd love to have my channels
> > renumbered to their "proper" Freeview numbers. At the moment, I have
> > to go through and move them about by hand every time something
> > changes! I don't think there is currently any support for assigning
> > channels a specific number within vdr (probably not much point with
> > gazillions of satellite channels but more useful with the handful of
> > terrestrial Freeview ones in the UK).
>
> man 5 vdr:
> A group delimiter can also be used to just set the next channel’s
> number, without an explicit delimiter text, as in
>
>        :@201

That's what I mean by "doing it by hand"! My channels.conf is littered
with those!

;)

Would be nice if each channel entry had a field for channel number
instead, especially when they helpfully decide to move a channel!

It's also the way "real" set-top boxes do it. I think "scan" can output
the channel numbers to a vdr-readable channels.conf but I think that just
puts in a :@1, :@2, :@3, etc. every other line. Just doesn't seem neat to
me, especially as the channel numbers are broadcast.

I did start looking at this a while back but never got very far: might
have another go...

Cheers,

Laz