[vdr] vdr-xine A/V sync problems

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 23:07:54 CEST 2008

I get the same audio/video sync problems, on recordings too. but it will
happen predictably after advertisements was cut out, it will start to go out
of sync by the first cut. I also noticed that my cpu usage increased and my
system's clock seems to drift into the future.

2.6.24-gentoo-r3 #1 Sun Mar 23 16:04:11 SAST 2008 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4
CPU 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

media-video/vdr-1.6.0_p1(21:06:15 25/04/2008)(cmdsubmenu cutterlimit
cutterqueue dolbyinrec dvbplayer jumpplay liemikuutio menuorg noepg
syncearly timerinfo)
media-plugins/vdr-xineliboutput-1.0.1
media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.11.1

unfortunately I cannot upload a sample, since my service provider has set a
limit to my upload speed and causes time outs :(

Klaus mentioned that he can only help, if I try without any patches.

Theunis