[vdr] Syncearly + subtitles problem

Tobias Bratfisch tobias.vdr at bratfisch.net
Wed Oct 8 17:16:23 CEST 2008

Am 08.10.2008 um 11:12 schrieb Josce:

> I am having problems with subtitles:
>
> - vdr 1.6.0
> -
> vdr-1.5.18-h264-syncearly-framespersec-audioindexer-fielddetection-
> speedup.diff
> - vdr-1.6.0-truecolor-compile_fixes.diff
> - reelbox plugin
>
> The subtitles appear 6-10 seconds too early, which is really annoying.
> Tested the recordings on a vdr 1.6.0 + FF without the patches and the
> subtitles were displayed correctly.
> I imagine it has something to do with the syncearly, but can't say for
> sure. Can I somehow disable the syncearly part of the patches to
> verify
> that this indeed is the problem. ( I need the patches because I can't
> compile vdr + reelbox plugin without them )

This isn't caused by syncearly, this occurs 'cause the buffers of the
HD-extension are not taken into account yet.
The missing lines are in dvbsubtitles.c, around line 767, there you
can read:
"TODO sync on PTS? are there actually devices that don't deliver an
STC?"
Yes, there is such a device... ;-)

Nevertheless, this will probably be fixed quiet soon...

Regards
Tobias