[vdr] Two different types of DVB card

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 20:16:25 CEST 2008

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:40:28 +0300
Antti Hartikainen <ami+vdr at ah.fi> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 05:22:10PM +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> > Can VDR handle two different types of DVB card at once? I've got two
> > different makes of DVB-T card at the moment, which is fine because
> > they share one channels.conf, but I'm thinking of replacing one with
> > DVB-S for HD. Can VDR assign a different channels.conf to each card
> > and merge the channels list for the EPG?
>
> For what you need different channels.conf files?
>
> You can use same channels.conf with combination of many different
> DVB-adapters. Source -field in channels.conf determines from which
> source the transmission is coming from.

So it would scan both cards and save the results in one file? And where
both cards have the same channel, eg "BBC ONE", there would be two
entries for it? Would two copies show up in the EPG and would it
indicate which card each is associated with?

Sorry for all the ?s.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk