[vdr] VDR Development

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 18:54:20 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:
> On 09/05/08 18:38, VDR User wrote:
>> ...  Seeing how
>> many people have already left VDR, it's already happening!  :(
>
> I have no idea how many people actually use VDR, but you apparently
> have some solid numbers on how many people dropped VDR.
> Do you mind sharing these numbers?

I don't keep a list of names or a tally.  And I also don't think this
is any secret.

I will however give you an example.  There was a time when the
majority of dvb users I talk to used VDR, and only a few guys used
MythTV.  Now the opposite is true.  The majority of those people are
using MythTV and few are left who still use VDR.  Why?  Primarily lack
of support for what's already been previously discussed a million
times.. Lack of support for HDTV, MPEG4, DVB-S2, and a recording
format that is actually usable.  The only surprise to me is how many
people burn their recordings to DVD.  I don't have any interest in
doing that but clearly a whole lot of other people do.