[vdr] vdr 1.7.0 + reelbox plugin problem

Georg Acher acher at in.tum.de
Sat Sep 20 17:55:11 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 03:41:23PM +0300, Josce wrote:
> I have also noted that sometimes when I boot my pc the eHD card gets an IRQ 255.
>
> [josce at video tv]#lcpci -v
> 03:0f.0 Multimedia controller: Micronas USA, Inc. Unknown device 8100
>         Subsystem: Micronas USA, Inc. Unknown device 8100
>         Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 255
>         Memory at dfc00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=4K]
>         Memory at 20000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=128M]
>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>
> When this happens I can't start the card:
>
> [josce at video tv]# modprobe hdshm
> [josce at video tv]# /usr/local/src/eHD/hdboot -i /usr/local/src/eHD/linux.bin
> Decypher PCI BAR1: 20000000
> Warm Reset
> Timeout: U-Boot not ready for PCI boot
> [josce at video tv]#
>
> Could my card be defect?

There is a reset circuit on the that controls the complicated power
sequencing. It is possible that your BIOS is too fast and configures the PCI
space during this powerup sequence. At that time, the HDE is not properly
accessible.

It is possible to shorten this sequence a bit, but for that you need to
exchange a SMD capacitor on the HDE board.

         Georg Acher, acher at in.tum.de
         http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher