[vdr] new reel hd pci-e card; vAti 2400 pro Mobility

Goga777 goga777 at bk.ru
Sat Sep 27 11:02:49 CEST 2008

Приветствую, Torgeir
> There's a new reel HD pci-e card available, see
> http://vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=80489&sid=ef2e2bfeb189c6808c2401b96e5bee98 and
> http://www.reel-multimedia.com/de/shop_extension_hd.php
>
> It's apparently an ATI  vAti 2400 pro Mobility card, and in the thread
> at vdrportal.de it's stated that linux drivers will follow in October.
>
> Does anyone know if this driver will support h.264 decoding in linux
> with this card?

I suspect that new pci-e card form RMM it's usual GPU based graphic card with uvd technology (like ATI HD series cards).
It's not true full hdtv video decoding card, as eHD card . It's only acceleration for hd video decoding. Windows users ati
card HD series have very many problems with DGA technology. It's surprise for me that new card more expensive than eHD
card. My opinion eHD card is more better that vAti 2400 pro Mobility

Goga