[vdr] Compilation issues with recent DVB header files vs libc6

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 02:18:50 CEST 2009

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 01:21:27 +0200
Tobi <listaccount at e-tobi.net> wrote:

> Recent DVB driver releases (now in Kernel 2.6.29) cause trouble compiling
> VDR (see snippet A below).
>
> The common solution to this seems to be to add a "-D__KERNEL_STRICT_NAMES".
>
> It felt wrong somehow and I didn't liked this, so I tried another
> solution, which is to have any libc6 <sys/*> includes appear before the
> linux DVB header includes <linux/*>. Doing this only in dvbdevice.c seems
> to do the trick for VDR (see snippet B). I works for VDR 1.6.0 as well as
> VDR 1.7.4.

I used -D__KERNEL_STRICT_NAMES but compilation then failed on the use of
__u8 in <linux/frontend.h>. ISTR reading that might only be a problem
for 64-bit. I resorted to changing it to unsigned char.

You'd think after some 10 years everyone would have settled on stdint by
now. :-/

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk