[vdr] [Fwd: Re: let vdr ignore non vdr directories ?]

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:29:09 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Udo Richter <udo_richter at gmx.de> wrote:
> To add some more variations to the same solution the others already
> mentioned:
>
> - Mount your big disk to /mnt/data
> - Put video to /mnt/data/video
> - either:
>   - pass /mnt/data/video directly to VDR
>   - put a symlink from /video to /mnt/data/video

This is the method I use and I haven't had any problems at all.
Originally I was mounting a dedicated harddrive to
/storage/sata0/recordings for example and symlinking /video to it but
I've recently been testing using my fileserver for recording so I can
completely remove all harddrives from my vdr boxes.  In that case on
the fileserver I am mounting the harddrive to /mnt/lan/recordings and
on the vdr box symlinking /video to it.

So far it has worked great.  Although I'm finding that the dedicated
500GB harddrive isn't going to suit my hdtv recording needs for long.