[vdr] BBC HD and vdpau

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Apr 22 00:02:51 CEST 2009

En/na Rob Davis ha escrit:

> I tried the turning off dolby digital and I get the Narrative track ok,
> but I still get corruption on vdpau.  It's like vertical banding,

I my case the bands are horizontal

> reminiscent of trying to copy a video with macrovision.  My pc doesn't
> display it well enough on xxmc, (I have an 8400 which should be fast
> enough with a quad core phenom, but it doesn't want to do it..)
>
> I am using a VGA output, maybe it will work if I used a DVI one?  Maybe
> it is HDCP protection?

I doubt it. I think it's simply a case of vdpau not working properly, or
some magic setting that has to be tweaked (I had really funky colors
until I reset the hue,saturation and contrast by editing .xine/config,
no way to correctly adjust them from insinde xine).
FWIW I'm using the laptop display (which has 1680x1050 resolution, so
there's a bit of scaling involved from 1440x1080).

Bye
--
Luca